According to information by a close family member, the former Warriors star died at his home in Vainona early Saturday morning.
“It is sad but Yogi (David Mandigora) is gone.
“He died this morning in Vainona, where his home is and it’s more than a loss to us,” the close relative told RosGwen24.
Mandigora had his right leg amputated in 2017 after being diagnosed with a deadly vascular disease.
According to inside information, he was supposed to undergo another surgery to have his left leg amputated as the vascular disease was getting more deeper.
He was 64.
- He was the seventh born in a family of ten children consisting of seven girls and three boys
- He was part of the all-star Dynamos team that included the likes of Sunday Chidzambwa, Moses Chunga and Misheck Chidzambwa.
- In 1980 he was crowned the Soccer Star of the Year
- Mandigora guided Dynamos in CAF Champions League 2008
- Yogi got his right leg amputated