JOHANNESBURG – South African President, Cyril Ramaphosa, on Sunday announced that the country was moving from Covid-19 alert level 4 to 3 lockdown.
Ramaphosa said the latest response was after observation of positive cases dropping in recent weeks.
The President also gave the nod to the opening of schools from tomorrow (Monday) while bars are to re-open for a stipulated time.
Inter-provincial travel is allowed again whereas gatherings of 50 indoors and 100 outdoors are permitted.
South Africa’s vaccination drive is going at a rate of 250 000 jabs daily according to the latest figures.
1) Curfew form 22:00 to 04:00
2) Gatherings allowed maximum 100 indoor 200 outdoors.
3) Allow religious gatherings with restricted numbers, 100 indoors, 200 outdoors
4) Funerals restricted to 100 people.
5) Restaurants to remain open and restricted to 100 people indoors
6) Schools will reopen on the 26 July
7) Parks, sport grounds and all gatherings to be permitted under restrictions
8) Travel to and from Gauteng for leisure will be permitted
9) ONSITE SALE OF ALCOHOL WILL BE ALLOWED.
10) OFFSITE SALE OF ALCOHOL WILL BE ALLOWED from Mondays to Thursdays