HARARE – Cement manufacturing giant, Lafarge Cement Zimbabwe has lined up a poetry concert slated for 11-15 October to celebrate the girl child with a number of talented poets from different places set to participate.
The poetry gala which is part of the International Day of the Girl Child commemoration will run under the theme “Building a world that works for the Girl Child”.
Lafarge Poetry Slam will be streamed live on Lafarge Cement Zimbabwe official Facebook page with poets such as Sonkomose, Zoelife The Kid Poet, Glory Phiri and award winning author Munyaradzi Bopoto part of the performing acts.
Nigerian poet Agbeye Talks has also been included in the Lafarge Poetry Slam which is also going to give space to the most underrated genre in the country.
Julia Chabvonga will undoubtedly be one poet to watch at the event with a number of bookmakers rating her highly.
Line up of poets performing at the Lafarge Poetry Slam
1) Sonkomose – Bulawayo
2) Sharma Kadungure – Marondera
3) Sedumedi Thulo – Harare
4) Previledge Kusara – Mutare
5) Natsai Manhombo – Marondera
6) Margaret Chideme – Mutare
7) Khulekani Ndlovu – Marondera
8) Munyaradzi Bopoto – Harare
9) Zoelife The Kid Poet – Bulawayo
10) Mpumelelo Ncube – Plumtree
11) Keisha Chikwenda – Chinhoyi
12) Itai Sekeremo – Gweru
13) Julia Chabvonga – Harare
14) Glory Phiri – Kwekwe
15) Faith Baya – Bulawayo
16) Diwai Tagwirei – Harare
17) Honest Moyo – Harare
18) Tatiana Natalie Kondo – Harare
19) Agbeye Talks – Nigeria
20) Mjabulisi Dlamini – Gwanda
21) Mcnamallar Tapfumaneyi – Goromonzi
22) Mathew Munkuli – Binga