Six Zimbabwe Army Recruits Died at Training

BULAWAYO - Six army recruits died during an eight-month training program which began in July last year and ended on Tuesday, the army commander has revealed.

BULAWAYO – Six army recruits died during an eight-month training program which began in July last year and ended on Tuesday, the army commander has revealed.

Lieutenant General David Sigauke addressed a fainting parade of 2,442 soldiers at the Imbizo training depot in Bulawayo.

“The training started on July 1, 2021 with a total of 2,501 recruits, including 2,242 men and 259 women from all our provinces,” the army chief said.

“Today, a total of 2,442, 2,190 men and 252 women, have graduated. Unfortunately, we lost six recruits who died during our training and we say their souls rest in eternal peace.

“A total of 59 recruits failed to make it out for various reasons and today they are not participating in this parade.”

Sigauke said the training “has transformed and molded the civilian graduates into distinctive and illustrious soldiers and women who henceforth should dedicate their lives to the service of their motherland, Zimbabwe.”

He said the army was called upon to defend the territorial integrity of the country while warning of the threats posed by the Islamic insurgency in Mozambique to peace and stability in the region.

He added, “While defending our country, you must always remember that as a professional force, there is zero tolerance for unruly and unprofessional behavior.

RosGwen24 News
RosGwen24 News
Articles: 2167

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *